Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Check out my "working Vest"

Hi all
Check out my "working Vest" that mommy made for me. Mommy likes to sew ( she says that it helps her get away from the pain) and she made this for me. Incase the picture is too small the top square says " I'M not a Pet, I"M a Service Dog" the next rectangle says "In Training". Mom says that this one will come off when I get bigger. The bottom heart says " Not all Disabilities are Visible" Mom put that one on because she doesn't "look" disabled. The sides say "Do Not Pet. " "Stop" and "I'm Working".

And here I am in my Vest. I love wearing it. Mom says that I can wear my vest when ever we go out into "public". That word stumped me for a long time but I think it means that I get to wear my vest when I get to go bye bye and when we go for walks around the block when we meet strangers.
Mom took me out for the day and she said I did a wonderful job. I wore my vest and we went to several stores and no one even said anything to mom about me being with her. I was very very carefull not to do a "doodle" anywhere but where mommy said I could.
We even had to wait in line several times. In the "Verizon" store ( mom said she had to pay the phone bill what ever that is) there was a little boy that was acting up . Mom said he was not being good at all . Mom said that she never let my human "bothers and sisters" act like he was. He was hitting some thing that was making a very loud noise and he was trying to come closer and closer to me!! I didn't like that. Mommy was able to move forward in the line and then I sat between her legs. That was ok. I know mommy would not let that boy hit me. Then we went to the Internet place ( another bill ) There was a huge crowd. Mommy doesn't like crowds. She says they make her "jittery". Well I got to thinking and I sat right in front of mommy in the line. Mommy said I was a super good girl because I made a space for her and she was able to calm down so she was not so Jittery. She says that is one of my "Jobs" and I thought of it all by my self!! We went to several other stores and I did my very best for mommy. One lady said that I was acting very good for being only 7 months and only living with mommy for a month and a half. Mommy said " that is my Sally , she is very smart." I like it when mommy is Proud of me. I am going to do my very best so I can wear my vest more and get to go places with mommy.
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment